Friday, January 28, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Lil' Smokies


Lil' Smokies are a weakness of mine.  I love 'em!  They were on sale over Christmas and I bought 18 packages of them.   They are in the freezer right now just waiting for me to eat them.  There are so many things you can do with them.  My kids' favorite way to eat them is in Piggy in a Blanket form.  (Those will also be on my Superbowl Menu.)  But they can be slow cooked in a pineapple BBQ sauce or my favorite, wrapped in bacon and smothered in BBQ sauce.

Bacon Wrapped Lil' Smokies
About 64 smokies
2 (14 oz) packages of Lil' Smokies
1 package bacon
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup brown sugar

Mix together the bbq sauce, water and brown sugar and coat all the Lil' Smokies in the sauce. Cut each bacon slice into fourths and wrap around the little smokies. Bake on a foil lined baking sheet at 375 for 45 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked. Serve with more bbq sauce. 

Source:  A family recipe I've been making forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...